Airport Wi-Fi procurement and installation
Improving network capability at a major U.K. airport
To support our airport client with procurement and installation of a replacement Wi-Fi solution. The new solution was to provide faster more robust Wi-Fi coverage and therefore secure wireless access to the network in buildings across the airport site. The improved capability was focused on enabling the airport to benefit from various ‘internet of things’ (IoT) initiatives including improved asset tracking.
We worked with various stakeholder groups throughout the airport to capture, document and agree requirements to support the objectives and enable the vision of a new Wi-Fi solution. Key to the requirements was to meet future demand and support the various asset and customer service strategies.
Utilising an agile approach, we managed the procurement process through to the successful appointment of a supplier. Our small team supported the creation of a detailed solution design ready for a pilot rollout (no pun intended) and implementation.
Working within the Construction Design and Management (CDM) regulations, we managed the installation of the new solution on behalf of the airport. This was successfully achieved by collaborating with airport staff, the solution’s supplier and a third party, who provided technical expertise as part of the project’s Technical Design Authority.
- Supported a complex procurement to successful conclusion by utilising robust management processes and techniques
- Secured a good value agreement by providing flexible advice and guidance
- Completed within tight time constraints and provided comprehensive documentation to enable detailed negotiations
- Provided ongoing monitoring and reporting to ensure the project team were alert to project progress and budget spend
- Nurtured good relationships with airport staff to address and escalate issues promptly
If you would like to find out more about this work or think that we can help you, then please get in touch.
Let's start a conversation!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org