The Change Challenge: Implementing a forward-thinking finance system for a local council
Managing the full end-to-end process to procure a new finance system for a local authority
Cherwell District Council (CDC) required change management support to replace its existing finance system, managing the full end-to-end process, from procurement to full implementation and finally transition into BAU. The project’s success depended on a blended team approach and close collaboration with the client to provide a solid platform to deliver financial reporting and management within the Council for the next decade.
Understanding that this implementation touched every department within the authority, full project and change management expertise was required by Entec Si.
By understanding CDC’s longer-term digital transformation strategy and working alongside the client, a thorough requirements and benefits realisation exercise was carried out to ensure the necessary financial and operational efficiencies were achieved.
Key to this the successful project delivery was structured stakeholder engagement and communication, particularly as the project was completed fully remotely.
Working closely with Embridge Consulting and the new finance solution, Unit4, Entec Si’s change management expertise meant that partner requirements and goals were understood and delivered on time and on budget.
Thorough testing and training were crucial to the launch and long-term success of the project, as well as ensuring the necessary knowledge was left with the client, long after Entec Si had left.
- Enhanced decision-making capability across all levels of the organisation
- Time required for bank reconciliation reduced from 18 days per month to a same-day process
- Reduced running costs by almost a third
- Process automation decreased from 32 days to 18 days per month
- 33% increase in operational efficiency over five years
- Reduction in printed paper has helped meet CO2 goals as well as other environmental credentials
- Shared view of data has allowed for efficient working, improved outcomes, and trusted collaboration
If you would like to find out more about this work, or think that we can help you, then please contact us.
Let's start a conversation!
Contact us at email@example.com